PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ashlesha Sawant as Sheetal in KSYPH

Mumbai based and Pune bred Ashlesha Sawant is the latest buzzword on the telly circuit. Being the daughter of an air force officer she has seen whole of India with her dad. Here she talks about her tryst with television and much more……

Q 1: How did acting happen to you?
Ans: My dad’s last posting was in Pune and I had just completed my second year of college. That was the time when Balaji auditions were happening. I went there with my friend just for a lark. And 15 days later I got a call from Balaji saying that I was selected as the main lead for a new show, Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat.
Q 2: But as we all know that that Kya Hadsaa… never happened then how did you get Kyunki Saas Bhi…. ?
Ans: As Kya Hadsa… never happened I went on to play Sumeet Sachdev aka Gautam’s secong wife, Teesha in Kyunk Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Adding, “I was told that my role in Kyunki Saas Bhi…. Would wind up in four months but it went on for a year. People started liking the character so they let it go on.”
Q 3: Why did you suddenly disappeared from the television?
Ans: I would’t say I disappeared, infact I did some shows which never came on air, then I did Zameen Se Aasman Tak for Sahara. Obviously, these are channels that people don’t see, so I was never noticed.”
Q 4: You never did anything with Balaji after this, there is a rumour that you left Balaji on a bad note, how far is it true?
Ans: No, it is not like that. It’s just that when you start shooting a daily, and when you are playing a parallel lead like I was in Zameen… you realize that there is no time for anything else.The problem was that I was not keeping well at all. What could Balaji do? They had full right to move ahead, just because I was not keeping well, they obviously weren’t going the stop the show for me. I couldn’t report on the sets in time. Finally I decided to go to Pune to recover.
Q 5: How did Saat Phere happen?
Ans: After my 8 months break when I returned from Pune it was then that Zee’s Saat Phere happened. This put me back into the limelight.

No comments: