PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sumeet Sachdev, who became popular as Gautam Virani on Ekta kapoor serial

Sumeet Sachdev on why he doesn't believe in taking on much work. Sumeet Sachdev, who became popular as Gautam Virani on TV, almost disappeared from the scene a few months ago. Apart from a few brief appearances, the actor was nowhere to be seen on the TV circuit. The actor is now all set to return to the small screen with Sony's Khwaish . Of course, this too is an Ekta Kapoor production . So, hasn't he been missing the small screen? "Not really. I have been taking it easy. I don't believe in taking on too much work. Why should I put myself through hell?" he asks.
He adds, "Also, with Khwaish being based in Dubai, I have been living there for the past two-anda-half-months . I have recently returned to Mumbai," he says. Being far away from home has its advantages too. "When you are away from home you just don't feel that the working hours are too long, because you have nothing else to do. You are either shooting or getting bored! So, the long work hours don't really make any difference," he says. But work on the local circuit in Dubai doesn't seem to be on his agenda. "I wouldn't mind taking another if I was in Mumbai, but now that I am spending a lot of time in Dubai that doesn't seem to be happening," he says. But even on home grounds Sumeet never did too many serials. "I was with Kyunki. .. for a long time. Now I have this and Karbon Copy, so I am busy enough. I don't want to over-burden myself with work. Every few months I take it easy and I think that works for me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello
sumeet Bhai - would like you as my Kabir Bhai. It was my first indian soap i have seen and i like you there as Kabir Khan and most specially I like you with Afreen you two`suite each other. I like Azan coz he is the main reason I watch khwaish because I heard he is from Pakistan. So when i you I like your style of urdu vecab. and you and afreen.

aplease do come back for our afreen as she missed you and your fans want you Kabir Bhai Jan.

Aapki Ami bhi aapko bohat yaad kartee hain.

God bliss you.