PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Shabbir Ahluwalia rocked on TV

Shabbir Ahluwalia who was adjudged the ‘Style Icon of the year’ at the Indian Telly awards . The guy who once aspired to be a sportsman has become one of the best loved guys of Indian television. He first found popularity as Rishi Grewal of ‘Kahin To Hoga’ by Balaji. This year he was also seen in ‘Kkavyanjali’. Known as Ekta’s blue-eyed boy, he is slated to feature in plum roles in her forthcoming ventures. One show that really rocked for Shabbir this year was ‘Nach Baliye’.

How did Shootout at Lokhandwala happen?
I met producer Sanjay Gupta through a common friend, who then approached me for the role.I play one of the members of the gang led by Viveik Oberoi’s char met producer Sanjay Gupta through a common friend, who then approached me for the role.acter. The role had really excited me. Besides being a multi-starrer, the film offered me a chance to learn a lot.

Any memorable moments while shooting?
In one of the scenes, Rohit (Roy) and I were supposed to hold a man upside down. He was quite heavy and we were at the edge of the parapet of an under-construction building. It was raining and the ground was slippery. It was quite scary experience, though we managed it eventually

Do you have a penchant for villainous roles?
The only criterion is that the role has to excite me. As an actor one needs to put in a lot of hard work for any kind of role. So it doesn’t really matter whether I am playing a good or a bad guy.

Did you always want to work in films?
For me, the medium doesn’t matter. I’m only interested in doing good work. I enjoy all the work that I do—be it acting for television or films or hosting a show. However, after Shootout releases, I might work in a couple of other films. But the projects are yet to be finalised

No comments: