PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Arundhati Singha's resume, expressing interest in acting position.

I am writing to express my interest in an acting position under Ekta
Kapoor, in response to her call for applications on the Star Plus
Channel during the week of Nov. 4th, 2007.

My name is Arundhati Singha and I am an experienced theater actress
and professional trained classical dancer from Rukmini Devi College of
Fine Arts, Kalakshetra. I am 27, and for the past several years I
have worked on several dramas and dance dramas in my current role as a
professional dancer and actress under Mallika Sarabhai, as well as
other notable international directors.

When I heard Ekta Kapoor mention an opening for a dancer and actress,
I immediately saw myself in this role. Ekta's work and my work have
several similar themes, notably changing the role of women in the
performing arts. Her making women lead characters in a traditionally
male-dominated field has inspired me, and has encouraged my own
pursuit of acting. It would be the most wonderful opportunity to work
under such a strong, motivated, and artistic director.

To Ekta's art and vision, I will bring a unique set of skills and
talents. In my Bharatanatayam training, I have gone deep into the art
of communicating with my body, expressions, and movements. The true
Bharatanatayam art form demands the artist to convey a range of
complex emotions and sentiments through body language and facial
expression alone, and these skills have allowed me to excel in my
acting. From the varied roles that I have performed in acting, I have
developed confidence in front of audiences (and cameras), and a keen
insight into how an actor must truly embody his or her role. I am
also a very quick learner, a fun and energetic person, a
perfectionist, and a very hard worker.

I respect and admire Ekta and her work, and would welcome the
opportunity to speak directly (by phone or in person) with someone
regarding working under her. For more information about me, please
see the resume that I have attached, and/or reply to this email with
an address to which I can send a press kit. I have also attached
photos to this email for reference. If any other information is
needed, I will be happy to provide it promptly.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration, and I eagerly
look forward to your reply and to setting up a time to speak with
someone directly.

Sincerely,
Arundhati Singha

No comments: