PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Friday, December 21, 2007

Ekta Kapoor doesn’t mean you will see me acting in a Balaji Telefilms show again:sandhya Mridul

Post Jhalak, Ekta Kapoor said that you could have won, had you continued with Koshish. How do you react to it?
I agree with her to some extent. Television is a very powerful medium and allows immense connectivity with the audience. I was a very powerful daughter-in-law in Koshish. But at the same time public memory is very short. Prachi would not be half as popular when Kasamh Se goes off air. Besides, agreeing to Ekta Kapoor doesn’t mean you will see me acting in a Balaji Telefilms show again.

How is your equation with Sony, considering there were rumours that the channel had given in to Ekta Kapoor’s wishes?
I am not affected by rumours; in fact, they make me more determined. I share a very healthy relationship with both the channel and the production house. I attended the post event party, where Urmila Matondkar had brought a cake for me. I am happy that I have walked away with respect and dignity.

Are we going to see you on television very soon?
I have no problem with the television medium, but I doubt if you will ever see me in a soap again. I just had my first live dance show and am still quite excited about it. I plan to take a two-week break very soon and I will decide my future projects once I am back in January.


With so much support for you at the studio, how do you think Prachi (Desai) must have felt when the results of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa were declared?
You have to ask her. I have never spoken to Prachi.

Deserving candidates often end up losing talent hunts on television because of audience votes. Will you participate in a similar show in future?
Of course I will participate if a particular show offers me enough challenge. You have to understand that I have not left the show with negative feelings. I am not crying over a trophy or votes.

No comments: