PEHLI NAZAR FROM MOVIE RACE SUNG BY ATIF ASLAM

Google
 

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Prach desai from kasam to bollywood safar is now not a dream


After all, how many teenagers are hand-picked by the TV production houses for their prime shows! But Prachi Desai bagged the lead role in Ekta Kapoor's daily soap when she was only 17. Quite a few episodes and a reality show later, she's been hand-picked again by young filmmaker Farhan Akhtar for his debut film as an actor. Needless to say, Prachi is over the moon, while she's secretly mooning over super stud John Abraham. NT catches up with the young lady, as she gets ready to pop the bubbly.

On her debut film: "I am excited about doing a film and that too with someone like Farhan Akhtar. When the call came from his production house, I just couldn't believe my luck. But now that such an opportunity has landed in my lap, I will make sure that I prove my worth in Farhan’s film, which has a very contemporary theme."

On her comeback in a reality show and lukewarm colleagues: "I was glad to make a comeback in the dance reality show in which I am participating these days. Other stars in the show were not exactly rude to me but they made some peculiar remarks. I don't really mind that because I don't have the time or the energy to bother about anything else. I am working 16 hours a day and as it is, dancing zaps your energy completely."

On 'motherhood blues': "I am just 19 and I think nobody would be happy playing a mother of two kids at this age, but then as long as it helps the show and TRPs are healthy, I am not really complaining. But my friends keep ragging me about it."

On her Ekta connect: "Yes, I am very close to Ekta Kapoor and she's encouraging me to surge ahead in life but I don't like the rumours claiming that she's 'pushing' for my win in the reality show. After a point, nobody except the audience can help you."

Missing out on fun and college life: "I am doing BA part I from Mithibai College, Mumbai, but haven't been able to attend the classes this year. Of course I miss the cool ambience of the college, but then how many people get to enjoy the kinda popularity that I am enjoying at this age."

On sensuality & bold scenes: "I know Bollywood demands a lot of sensuality on screen, along with smooching scenes. But I am not comfortable with these things at this particular juncture. Later, I might change my stand but as of now that's how I feel."

On the current Bollywood heartthrob: "It's John and only John who makes my jia go dhadak-dhadak, although earlier I had a huge crush on Hrithik Roshan! Shah Rukh and Aamir are also quite cool."

On flirting: "I have always said that flirting doesn't interest me because firstly I don't have the time and secondly no inclination either, but if guys take this statement seriously, I would be really disappointed (giggles)."

On love: "Love is great if and when it happens. Par abhi tak hua hii nahin

matter sponsered by indiatimes.com

No comments: